New York City is America’s largest city. It should be no surprise it’s also America’s busiest city when it comes to construction. Celebrities abound in Gotham. Robert DeNiro lives in Tribeca, Madonna has a place on the Upper East Side, among other properties. “Alex Rodriguez, George Clooney, David Robinson, Joe Sitt, and Leonardo Dicaprio are involved in developing real estate in New York City.” Several large real estate development companies are in New York. How does someone choose which real estate development company to use when there are so many out there? Choosing the right developer for your New York City Project can be challenging. We advise thoroughly researching a company you may be interested in, seeing what they have done before, as most specialize in certain fields. Here’s a comprehensive list of NYC Developers.
As far as a “Top Ten List,” there are many ways to measure activity in the construction business. Construction starts are one of them. Here’s a Top Ten List of residential developers in Manhattan as measured by quantity of development.
Forbes Magazine claims that New York City Real Estate Developers are now richer than ever and gives a Top Ten List of New York City’s top real estate developers, as measured by person. The list includes
America’s current President.
1. Stephen Ross: $12 billion in 2016, $2.5 billion in 2007
2. Richard LeFrak: $5.9 billion in 2016, $3 billion in 2007
3. Donald Trump: $4.5 billion in 2016, $2.9 billion in 2007
4. Jerry Speyer: $4 billion in 2016, $2 billion in 2007
4. Leonard Stern: $4 billion in 2016, $3.7 billion in 2007
6. Sheldon Solow: $3.9 billion in 2016, $1.7 billion in 2007
7. Jeff Sutton: $3.4 billion in 2016, new in 2013
8. Wilbur Ross: $2.9 billion in 2016, $1.2 billion in 2007
9. Mortimer Zuckerman: $2.5 billion in 2016, $2.4 billion in 2007
10. David Walentas: $2 billion in 2016, new in 2014
As for companies, here’s a Top Ten List of commercial real estate companies in New York City.
1) Tishman Construction
3) Turner Construction Company
4) Plaza Construction
5) Hunter Robert Construction Group
6) Gilbane Building Company
7) Structure Tone
8) J.T. Magen & Company
9) Pavarini McGovern
10) Thor Equities